Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hey now, you're a rockstar!

Yes, that's right.  In case you haven't heard, Tully is a rockstar.  I couldn't be more pleased with my little red dog this week.  Our next agility trial is in two weeks and we've been battling the teeter monster who apparently torments little red cattle dogs who come near the teeter.  Thanks to my friend Teresa  in Ellettsville who is letting us use her teeter, Tully has overcome his teeter fear!  Well, that and thanks to string cheese!  There are very few fears that string cheese cannot overcome in Tully's life.  He's running over it like a champ now and even doing a send from 6-8 feet away.  I have no idea if this new found confidence will extend to the show ring in 2 weeks, but we are keeping our fingers crossed!  With  my luck he thinks all teeters are dangerous except the one at Teresa's house because she would never have anything that would hurt a dog.  <sigh>

Today Tully had a herding lesson with Ferreh Hiatt in Muncie.  Tully is really progressing quickly and my plan is to enter him in his first herding trial in Kentucky in September, a few weeks before nationals.  I suspect if he finishes his PT that I just may cry or scream or run a victory lap around the field, all of which I assume are not acceptable behavior.  Oh well, I have a cattle dog.....people don't expect acceptable behavior from me or my dog! 

The Buckner agility trial is in two weeks.  Buckner hosts a lovely agility trial twice a year.  It's indoors, it's air conditioned, there is seating for spectators, there are vendors, and there are photographers.  Most of all, there are dog show friends!  Most of the Indiana crew heads down to this lovely show as well as a good many of my Louisville buddies.  The only bad part is making sure you don't miss your ring time while catching up with old friends!  We are going to make our debut in the Novice FAST class as well as excellent jumpers and open standard.  I'd love to say I've been working hard towards preparing for his FAST runs, but the teeter monster has taken first priority.  Oh well, I've got a rockstar, he'll learn on the fly :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment