Friday, August 26, 2011

4 weeks

4 weeks....until we leave for nationals.   4 weeks....until I leave the job I've had for 8 1/2 years.  Suffice it to say that BIG changes are in store in 4 short weeks! 

But this blog is about my rogue red dog, not my job, so let's get the focus back on the Tullster!  Two weeks ago I entered a one day trial in Indy.  It was Tully's very first try in Excellent Standard after finishing his Open Standard title in June.   Standard is hard for him and we've not been working very much so I had zero expectations.  Well, sometimes when you have zero expectations, surprising things happen.  To my disbelief, Tully qualified in Excellent Standard on his first trip out and brought home first place and his first AXP leg!  He now has one AXP and one AJP leg.  Guess that means we'll have to finish those!  I better get back to handling classes with Deb, my handling has hit an all time low, LOL!

Between now and nationals, we're laying pretty low. We've entered Rally in Lebanon in September to see if we even remember how to do it.  We haven't entered rally since 2008 and he is entered 2 days at nationals.  I better make sure I know what I'm doing!  I better review those rules too....

4 weeks until nationals!  omg.....


Waiting at the start line to run at ACI.


1 comment: